Business Development / New Business, Innovation & NPD, Reputation Research & PR
£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Bonus scheme and Pension
This international insight and strategy consultancy uses research and engagement techniques to provide their clients with the insight they need to make better decisions.
Now with over 40 colleagues across the corporate, public and third sectors, they use the full spectrum of primary research techniques to get closer to the people that matter most to their clients. They deliver a huge variety of projects to a really wide and exciting range of clients.
As an Employee Owned business, everyone shares in the company’s future success. They are looking to recruit a Senior Research Executive to join their growing team.
About the role
Senior Research Executives have experience of multiple projects and methodologies, and it shows. They are able to identify what needs to happen to make a project run and develop a feasible plan for getting it done. They also have an understanding of project finances and can run a smaller project direct to a Research Director. SREs conduct focus groups and face to face depth interviews on their own, and can set out a snappy note of the key findings for the rest of the team. SREs can draft sections of reports and contribute fully to brainstorms and theming sessions. SREs are also visible to clients, often presenting some elements of a debrief, and where possible owning the relationship with a ‘mark’ on the client side. SREs get a taste of line management by running the intern programme on a rotating basis.
- Able to plan the organisational/administrative elements of a project
- Able to produce first drafts of a project timeline
- Manage finances in terms of tracking invoices; agreeing prices with suppliers; etc
- Able to run small projects to time and budget with one senior colleague
- Writes agendas for client meetings
- Provides day-to-day client liaison
- Manages own workload within a project
- Moderate viewed groups
- Table facilitation at workshops/deliberatives
- Conduct large numbers of interviews – with senior stakeholders
- Draft discussion guide / agenda
- Identify suitable techniques and stimulus ideas
- Develops scripts and activities for online communities/mobile/pre-tasks
- Drafts questionnaire
- Manages statistical suppliers etc.
- Creates sample specification
- Briefs quant supplier (e.g. telephone survey with stakeholders)
- Script checks
Analysis, Reporting and Presenting
- Prepares analytical charting of quant
- Drafts sections of reports
- Lays out qualitative outputs (e.g. rankings/exercise outputs)
- Presents sections of debriefs
Client Relationships & Development; New Business Development & Marketing and People Management
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually stretching organisation
- Is commercially minded
- Can provide evidence of their contribution to previous projects
- Has some experience in the insight industry with a minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience across qualitative research methods. Additional experience of quantitative methods would be ideal.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Bonus scheme and Pension
- Holiday: 30 days per calendar year