Business Development / New Business, Consumer / FMCG, Qualitative, Quantitative
Commercial Director, Europe
Base salary £90k - £100k pa + commission + new logo bonus + long term incentive scheme - Hybrid Working
This company is a fast growing, multi award winning and highly innovative insight and consumer research consultancy on a mission to disrupt the industry.
With offices in Chicago, Cincinnati, London, Leeds, Geneva & Sofia. Winners of the Best New Product Innovation at Quirk’s Media Marketing Research and Insight Excellence Awards 2021. They’ve been recognised in the Greenbook GRIT report as one of the most innovative Market Research Strategic Consultancies in the world for 2 years running. And in the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies for the last 3 years.
Their unique multi-method approach to capture consumers’ behaviour, emotion, opinion and desire at scale allows them to rapidly transform consumer action, response and creativity into recommendations that help clients build better brands. They work with some of the world's most respected companies – including Procter and Gamble, Unilever, SC Johnson, PepsiCo, Nestle, Newell Brands, Logitech, Salesforce, Novartis, GSK and many more.
The role – Commercial Director, Europe
As Commercial Director for Europe, you will lead the European Commercial team. You will be in charge of rapidly developing and expanding our business with our existing clients, particularly deepening our relationship and reach with our key accounts. And you will forge new opportunities with strategically important new clients coming from your teams contact book and from the new business team.
You will own the senior relationships and overall client account growth strategy. You will coach, mentor and grow your team to lead the client brands and day to day client relationships. You will also lead some of the larger and more complex projects or more tricky client relationships personally.
You will be an enthusiastic, experienced and efficient team leader to facilitate continuous evolution and success within the Commercial division.
You will have a thorough understanding of the business, proactively identify opportunities to promote their services, and work with the CCO to deliver growth.
What you’ll do
This is a critical position to ensure continued growth at speed while maintaining reputation, repeat purchase rate and referrals. As part of your role you will:
- Grow the business, building trust and strengthening relationships with our existing and new clients through the strength of their CAS (Consumer Activation System).
- Be a major contributor to our new business targets, accurately and effectively managing leads in order to prioritise business opportunities and internal resources
- Plan for and lead client pitches (existing business and prospective/new clients)
- Attend new business meetings generated through the new business team, referral scheme and other marketing activities
- Develop strong partnerships with clients by demonstrating a detailed understanding of their business, brand and consumers/customers and how services should be applied to bring their commercial ambitions to life
- Lead, hire, and inspire internal team to develop best in class strategic solutions, establishing thought leadership for clients, helping them to challenge their industry standards and stay ahead of their competition
- Inspire senior client personas, and help develop relationship with them. You’ll be their go-to person within the agency and will invest time to understand their working environment and operational pressures
- Champion professionalism and rigor across the agency, ensuring that your team deliver consistently and with excellence. Ensure high levels of client satisfaction and resolve service issues promptly
- Hold responsibility for revenue performance and growth through KPI delivery.
- Actively promote our values, and contribute to the growth and health of the team and the business
- Mentor and provide leadership across the agency, taking responsibility for the personal development of your team members.
- Actively drive collaboration across the business, with particular focus on fostering good and productive relationships internally
- Attend industry and key events; ensuring efficient lead generation
For further details do get in touch.