Business Development / New Business, Consumer / FMCG, Qualitative, Quantitative
Client Director – account growth and new business FMCG/Consumer
This company is a fast growing, multi award winning and highly innovative insight and consumer research consultancy on a mission to disrupt the industry.
With offices in Chicago, Cincinnati, London, Leeds, Geneva & Sofia. Winners of the Best New Product Innovation at Quirk’s Media Marketing Research and Insight Excellence Awards. And in the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies for the last 3 years.
The role – Client Director
This role is a combination of hunter and farmer.
Target driven, you will both lead a portfolio of a selection of strategic clients, to continue to foster the great relationship built with them and be expected to expand into new clients.
What you’ll do:
- Grow our business, building trust and strengthening relationships with our existing and new clients
- You will be responsible for revenue performance and growth through KPI delivery
- Actively seek new clients through your network portfolio to continually grow our current client base
- Ensuring new business hit and win rates are measurable with personal and company KPI’s
- Create and execute the strategic growth plan for existing and potential clients
- Plan for and lead client pitches (existing business and prospective/new clients)
- Support in executing the strategic growth plan across our portfolio of clients. You’ll help to develop and capitalise on existing client business
- Develop strong partnerships with your clients by demonstrating a detailed understanding of their business, brand, industry, and how our services should be applied to bring their commercial ambitions to life
- Motivate the team to create compelling strategic stories that lead to actionable recommendations that build brands, establishing thought leadership for your clients, helping them to challenge their industry standards and stay ahead of their competition
- Champion professionalism and rigour across the agency, ensuring that your team delivers consistently and with excellence. Ensure high levels of client satisfaction and resolve service issues promptly.
- Actively promote our values, and contribute to the growth and health of the team and the business.
- Attend industry and key events; ensuring efficient lead generation
What we require
The ideal candidate has demonstrable client management experience (at least 10 years ideally) and has a good network of large consumer facing companies across Europe (most likely in FMCG). The person will also meet most or all of the following requirements:
- A proven track record of managing and growing key accounts, particularly in FMCG
- A proven track record of surpassing revenue targets
- A true passion and ability for selling
- Drive and tenacity to directly outreach to new and potential clients to enhance new business growth
- A strong understanding of the world of consumer insight, market research and marketing strategy, having sold to Market Research and Insight professionals and clearly understand what makes them tick and their frustrations
- A background in Insight Discovery, Innovation Development and Communication Optimisation would be helpful – able to identify how to identify unmet needs, trial drivers and barriers, innovation territories and how to build compelling concepts and recognise how to make them better and more consumer centric.
- A track record of converting clients to new ways of thinking and breaking away from their status quo
- Excellent team player, who works collaboratively to support the overall success of the business
- An ability to sell services and consultancy-based products
If this sounds like you, pls do get in touch for the full brief