Advertising & Branding, Brand & Comms, Branding, Consumer / FMCG, Market Research, Public Sector, Social & Policy, Qualitative, Quantitative, Strategy, Sustainability
Sustainability Research Manager/Senior Research Manager
This role will suit someone with a strong interest in social and environmental issues and how business can be a positive force in society. Professional experience in this area is not essential and they are running a sustainability subject expertise training programme for employees to help keep up to date with the topics. This company partners with leading businesses, NGOs, and governmental organizations to deliver insights that guide decision-making and build strategies that contribute to a sustainable and equitable world.
Key skills: Client management and relationship building, project management of research from design to delivery (including quant, qual and desk research), data analysis and reporting, for Senior Research Manager: strategic advice/consultancy for how clients can act on findings
Experience: 3+ years previous agency / consultancy experience for Research Manager and 5+ for Senior Research Manager
Topics include: Sustainability, reputation and purpose, consumer and stakeholder engagement
Details: Combination of office / home working (flexible)
Are you keen to put your research skills to good use and contribute to a more sustainable and equitable world? Would you like to be part of a vibrant, global consultancy with a growing team across five continents?
This company is looking for a Research Manager or Senior Research Manager to join the UK team, with a focus on managing some of our high-profile consumer and stakeholder research studies and involvement in the full range of our research and advisory work. There is one role, but they are open to level of experience to find the right candidate – those with more experience will be considered for the Senior Research Manager level.
You will be working on a diverse range of projects – from interpreting attitudes and behaviours associated with sustainable and healthy living, to equipping companies with insight on how to take a positive role on social and environmental issues, to helping international NGOs understand and maximise their impact globally.
In this role you will:
- Take a leading role on both consumer and stakeholder quantitative and qualitative research studies from design to delivery, supported by collaborative and experienced team members
- Contribute to our wider service offerings including desk research, trends analysis, benchmarking and sustainability consulting
- Be responsible for client communications and management, helping to build accounts and foster relationships
- Work alongside experienced consultants to design approaches and build recommendations for leading global brands across a wide range of sectors, impacting their strategy, communications and purpose
- Varied day to day activities including managing fieldwork partners, analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data, report writing, presentations and workshops, and proposal writing
- You’ll report into one of the UK Associate Directors, who will guide you with career development and opportunities
If you come in as Senior Research Manager, the role will be similar, the main differences are:
- Taking on more responsibility for the running of the projects, with less detailed guidance on tasks and management of more senior client relationships, presenting etc.
- Taking more of a leading role on developing strategic recommendations from research findings
- Spending more time on proposal development and helping win new clients.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company – eligible after passing your probationary period
- A commitment to work-life balance and flexible office and home working
- Company-wide, 3-day annual retreat outside the UK
- Our London office is based in a vibrant co-working space, with a calendar of exciting events open to all members
- Pension scheme