Advertising & Branding, Brand & Comms, Branding, Consumer / FMCG, Qualitative, Strategy
Senior Consultant and Associate Director consulting
Ground-breaking new consultancy bringing a blend of insight, strategy and imagination to clients across the globe. If you have a genuinely passion for brands and brand strategy, and are able to hit the ground running then this exciting, new consultancy needs you.
You’re someone who must have an appetite for understanding how businesses run and have a proven ability to use brand to make an impact on their performance. With an acute eye and natural flair for finding opportunities, you are flexible, rigorous and resourceful and adept at establishing valuable long-term relationships.
You would have extensive business experience, either client or consultancy side. You would have a strong working knowledge of large-scale rollout of strategy programmes which lead to business transformation or turnaround.
You are fluent in research disciplines, either coming from a research background yourself or adept at integrating research into strategy programmes. You have a strong working knowledge of and experience in brand strategy and associated frameworks. You are used to building strong client relationships, generating revenue and developing business, whilst delivering great work. As well as being a great storyteller, your financial fluency and strong commercial acumen makes you a force to reckon with. Your clients will trust you and you will have the respect of your peers.
You will play a key part in proactively supporting the team. Your specialism will be in strategy, but you will have an interest in everything else that we do and offer from market research and insight to data analytics and design. You will be given responsibility from day one, working with the team to set the strategic vision on a project, as well as scoping and selling in new projects (i.e. challenging the brief, setting objectives, defining activities, deliverables, fees and timings). You will have an innovative outlook, finding ways to experiment, develop and test new product offerings, tools and approaches and you will use distilled insights to guide development of original ideas and points of view. You are persuasive and bold, creating compelling narrative arguments to sell in recommendations and you will have a creative flair, working with the Creative team to generate fresh ideas and ensure the creative work supports the strategy and agreed objectives. You will play a key role in kick-off meetings, review sessions and presentations and will aspire to consistently achieve client satisfaction through encouraging yourself and others to produce outstanding work.
- Extensive business experience, either on the client or consultancy side
- Genuine passion for brands and branding
- Strong working knowledge of brand strategy programmes
- Track record in leading successful business development, both new and organic
- Versatility to work in management of hybrid roles e.g., copywriting, design direction, insight
- Financial fluency and strong commercial acumen – proven ability to run the commercial side of projects
- Fluent English speaker with persuasive communication skills (oral and written)
- A knack for building and leading valuable long-term client relationships.
Outstanding client work
- Leading strategic programmes of work – with clients and teams
- Scoping and selling in new projects. This covers: challenging the brief, setting objectives, defining activities, deliverables, fees and timings.
- Developing new product offerings, tools or approaches in a client context.
- Using distilled insights to guide development of original ideas and points of view.
- Creating a compelling narrative argument to sell in recommendations.
- Partnering insight colleagues to derive the right data to develop a compelling strategy
- Partnering design colleagues to generate fresh ideas, establish the creative direction and ensure creative work supports the strategy and agreed objectives.
- Coordinating and playing a key role in client meetings and presentations.
- Ensuring client satisfaction by producing work of an outstanding quality.