Advertising & Branding, Brand & Comms, Consumer / FMCG, Media/Social Media, Quantitative
Research Manager Quant MEDIA
This global media agency are looking for a Quantitative Research Manager to work in their award-winning Insight team to ensure the best use of data and insights within media planning.
As a Research Manager, you will play a key part in the team, supporting senior staff, overseeing the work of and line-managing junior team members and working with planners and clients alike to ensure that their campaigns are grounded in a true understanding of people and what makes them tick.
The role presents the opportunity to work across a range of clients from different sectors, for example: Sky, Tesco, Kwik Fit, TUI, Dell and Hasbro.
Three best things about the job
1 Variety – no two days are ever the same: you will be working across a range of different clients, categories and research objectives (e.g., audience understanding, campaign measurement, brand and ad tracking). You will have the opportunity to work on paid client projects as well as supporting the agency in putting insight at the heart of their work and working on insights to feed into new business.
2 Accountability – as a Research Manager you will be expected to take a leading role in managing the project team, having a complete end of end view of the entire research process, and ensuring best practice processes are followed
3 The people – it is a brilliant place to work, with a people-first culture. You’ll get to build close working relationships with the client planning teams, working with them to develop actionable recommendations from the research and next steps for the client
Responsibilities of the role
- Independently managing research projects from proposal to presenting to clients, with minimal support from senior staff
- Designing the optimum research approach, and writing winning proposals
- Overseeing the work of junior team members, coaching, and providing constructive feedback
- Running analysis sessions, finding the story in the data, and writing presentations with support from junior staff
- Developing relationships with planning teams and clients and spotting new business opportunities
- Managing one to two research executives; helping to manage their workload, running their appraisals, and setting KPIs to support their career development
- Identifying team skills gaps and training needs and helping to develop training programmes for the team
- Actively promoting your designated desktop tools and our bespoke research offering within the agency