Advertising & Branding, Market Research
£50,000 to £52,000 Per Annum
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a proactive Fieldwork Manager for a global strategy consultancy. This role will report into a Director and will lead on supporting our consultancy business with their qualitative research needs. This could either be a full- or part-time role and is based in our London office on a hybrid working basis (typically, 3 days a week in the office – less if part-time).
About the group
My client is a creative company that connects specialist expertise, fuelled by data, technology and culture, to help clients navigate, create and lead meaningful change. The Group operates across five core divisions: Connected Creativity; Passion Marketing; Global & Social Issues; Brand, Experience & Innovation; and Performance Media. Headquartered in London, operations span 23 countries with major hubs in the UK, Europe, US, Middle East & Africa, Asia and Australia. M&C Saatchi Group’s two principles, Diversity of Thought and Brutal Simplicity of Thought, guide how they build teams and solve problems.
My Client is a global strategy consultancy with offices in London, Frankfurt, New York, Dayton, and Singapore that specializes in insight-led strategy and design for brand, experience, and innovation. By helping clients embrace complexity and change, and delivering brand clarity, Clear delivers better outcomes and overall business growth.
Our way of working differentiates us – at X, we go all in. All in on passion, all in on collaboration, all in on impact. And when you go all in at X, you get the exposure, responsibility, and opportunities that will supercharge your personal and professional growth.
We’re committed to an ethos of excellence – championing, challenging, and supporting one another to stretch and grow. No egos here, simply a diverse group of brilliant, creative people working together every day to create real impact for the world’s biggest brands.
- Collaborative – We bring the best mix of talent to every engagement and partner with clients to ensure outcomes are feasible and actionable.
- Inspiring – We are a team of strategists, designers, researchers, thinkers, innovators, and creators. We have feet on the ground in all major markets.
- Entrepreneurial – We embrace diversity of thought, brave thinking and creative problem solving. We face into our clients’ toughest challenges and move at their speed.
- Commercial – Our rigorous approach to everything we do ensures that our big ideas are not only innovative but deliver real impact
About the Role
We are looking for an extremely pro-active, well-organised and flexible individual to support the consultancy business with their qualitative research needs. We are keen to talk to an organised task juggler with excellent attention to detail and time management skills, with at least 4 year’s relevant experience. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role typically from a traditional research agency or insight brand strategy agency.
The Fieldwork Manager role would involve the co-ordination and management of domestic and international qualitative projects both online and in person. There may also be the opportunity to organise aspects of quantitative projects, however we would not expect quant work to be a significant part of the role. There will, be a mixture of consumer, B2B and pharmaceutical projects with the majority being in the consumer space.
Specifically, this role will focus on the following key activities:
Fieldwork best practice and management
- Cover full project management, including not just the research team and the suppliers, but also by liaising professionally with clients and taking a key role in the external facing project team by taking the lead on updating the client on key elements of the fieldwork such as scheduling and consumer selection
- Monitoring recruitment process and keeping consultants informed of developments
- Working as a core project team members being the voice or authority on all recruitment related elements of projects
- To be the source of knowledge on all fieldwork process and procedure – providing the business with best practice recommendations
- Preparation of professional materials, including screening questionnaires, for consultants and clients.
Managing and partnering with suppliers
- Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers and sourcing new suppliers when required
- Developing job costings and negotiating with suppliers
- Sourcing quotes and inputting into proposals with this information and a point of view on best practice
- Arranging all online ethnography collaborating with vendors to ensure smooth set up and running
- Provide expertise and proactive guidance as to how to be as operationally efficient as possible.
- Support the company team and company values to ensure total service to clients and a positive working environment
- Support with ad-hoc Office Management tasks as required.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an ambitious business where the opportunities are endless.
Given the impact this role will have onat X, we’re looking for someone with a stellar mix of relevant experience and skills. Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following experiences and strengths:
- Experience working in a brand insight, fieldwork or market research agency
- Experience of international qual research is essential (including domestic US & UK)
- Evidence of having a strong supplier network to tap into
- Ability to write screening questionnaires
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, confident liaising with clients and suppliers
- Solid project management and organisation skills – managing multiple global complex projects under tight deadlines and pressure
- Ability to work under own initiative and be flexible when required
- Ability to think laterally and creatively about problems
- A natural passion for brands and consumer behaviour
- Approachable, friendly and a true team player, driven by delivering results through collaboration.
What we offer
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive salary and elective bens package with options including private healthcare, dental, gym membership. Carnaby Card, employer contributory pension, life assurance and income protection. We also offer a host of benefits that support wellbeing 11: counselling, whilst our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion sees us offer inclusive bank holidays, learning opportunities around DE&I, targeted mentoring programmes and the opportunity to participate in a number of active Employee Led Networks and associated events. Finally, this role will have a vibrant development offer that sets it up for success.
The group UK has pledged its commitment to create a company that values difference, with an inclusive culture brought to life through equity with an 18-month roadmap of business-wide activity across people, culture, industry and society. As part of this, Group continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which does not and shall not discrim