B2B, Brand & Comms, Pharma/Healthcare, Qualitative, Quantitative
This company is an award-winning strategic consultancy that solves challenges for clients through the powerful combination of human understanding, inspiring insight and commercial acumen. This combination of passion for humanity and inspiring commercial advice is applied to all engagements across three practice areas: Research, Planning and Strategy, unlocking opportunity for clients to grow.
Every client challenge is tackled with a consulting approach, meaning they’re method neutral and their solutions are bespoke to the task at hand – whether that’s understanding the future of a category, to finding headroom for growth or making tangible plans for how brands can flourish.
They work across consumer, B2B, and healthcare audiences in FMCG, Financial Services, Technology, Healthcare, Retail, and Travel & Leisure sectors, with global reach through our UK and US offices and our partner network around the world.
About the role
As a Director within the Health side of this company, you have a leading role in both the delivery of client projects and the development of client accounts (around c70% of the role), combined with inspiring and guiding other team members to deliver great work, through mentoring and coaching.
There is also a strong emphasis on growing business through building Trusted Advisor relationships with clients, and being commercially focused on developing new business.
Clients include big pharma i.e. Sanofi, Alexion, Gilead, and J&J, as well as smaller bio-tech and medical device companies.
- Both overseeing and hands-on contribution to projects, ensuring the highest quality outcome for the client.
- Demonstrating and ensuring the consistent use of consultancy tools
- Having a breadth of problem-solving skills and technical ability across multiple areas.
- Consistently developing, delivering and landing transformational insights and providing commercial, strategic advice
- Building effective and efficient project teams as required by the brief/scope of project.
- Taking overall responsibility for the delivery of projects and acting as an escalation point as required.
- Leading our existing most valuable accounts – building and managing client accounts and developing new business opportunities within these clients through Trusted Advisor relationships.
- Generating new business opportunities through your network and engaging in our marketing activity.
- Leading proposals and having overall responsibility for pricing of projects, effective deployment of resources and taking a long-term view in building client relationships.
- Responsibility for development of people as part of a project team – giving feedback, identifying opportunities for Associates and Principals to develop.
- Taking a mentoring role with Associates and Principals for longer term career development
Culture and environment
They believe in creating a culture that embraces, supports and continually seeks to achieve diversity in an environment where they all feel included and heard.
They have a flexible working environment focused on great work and mutual trust. It’s a culture where you’ll be challenged daily, collaborating with some of the industry’s best minds. And because they build flexible teams for each project they work, you’ll get to work with a diverse range of colleagues, clients and project types.
They have adopted a new hybrid home-and-office model that maximises engagement to motivate and inspire you to do your best work.
They have a full social calendar.
And of course, they offer a competitive package with a range of generous benefits.