Advertising & Branding
£40,000 to £400,000 Per Annum
Consultancy is the heartbeat of what we do .. We builds the brands that drive change and, working alongside Project Operations, Data Science and our Studio, our consultants develop the strategies that help our clients solve their toughest marketing and brand challenges.
Our consulting team do this by asking the right questions to interrogate the brief, by partnering with our clients to align on the best solution and to understand how best to land it within their organisation, and by working hard on the framing, analysis and reporting of what we deliver. We do all this so our clients can effect tangible change within their organisations. To help us get there, we’re skilled in selecting & deploying the right ways of thinking, strategic frameworks and methodologies to get to the best possible outcome.
CONSULTANT | MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Consultants are our engines of project delivery and make a significant contribution to projects through bringing the vision set by Senior Consultants & the Global Leadership Team to life.
Over the course of your time as a Consultant you will grow your experience of, and contribution to, delivering consulting work across a variety of projects & sectors, and build the necessary research & reporting skills to support you in this. You will increasingly shift the balance from learning to contributing as you take on responsibility for stages of projects up to whole small projects and establish yourself as an authoritative voice with clients.
To do this you will need to work together with your team, demonstrating a clear understanding of the project objectives you are working towards and how your own work fits in to successfully deliver to the client’s needs. Alongside this you will build your appreciation of the commercials of successful projects and how to build that into your ways of working.
You will report into Senior Consultants, Project Directors and your Development Director.
CONSULTANT |DETAILED BEHAVIOURS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. PEOPLE FORWARD
A valued team member with colleagues…
- Collaborating and contributing to project teams, providing proactive input and support to the rest of the team.
- Guiding and mentoring Marketing Analysts & other junior team members to deliver key project tasks & stages.
- Established in the business as a reliable and trusted deliverer on projects.
…And with clients:
- Building credibility with clients as the go-to for project elements and stages, owning project & deliverable conversations. By C3 you will be recognised as an authoritative voice on large parts of the project, or whole small projects.
- Seeking opportunities to build rapport & relationships with clients and feeling comfortable to engage with them as people.
- Keeping an eye out for opportunities to demonstrate how immersed we are and how well we understand our clients’ businesses & sectors through sharing relevant knowledge/insights/examples.
2. WE’VE GOT DRIVE
- Project management of smaller projects with oversight of the full process and responsibility for keeping the team on track to deliver to the Project Charter. Oversees & integrates contributions from the wider team (Project Operations, Analytics, Studio etc) to make this happen and deliver great work.
- Thinks ahead against the project charter & identifies and flags any potential issues before they arise e.g. timings, resource plans, scope change, deliverables etc.
- Demonstrates clear knowledge & understanding of project objectives and how stages and tasks fit into the wider project vision; ensures the project deliverables meet and answer these objectives. Uses this understanding to personally contribute to project solutions with well-thought through inputs and consideration of various sources (e.g. competitor, stakeholder, consumer etc.).
- Demonstrates understanding of key consultancy & research methodologies and ability to put them into practice. Able to set up, manage & conduct qualitative & quantitative research methodologies according to the project requirements with support from methodology experts.
- Awareness of the commerciality of projects & new business: Thinks through the impact of decisions on commerciality and ensures personal ways of working contribute to project commercials, including accurate and timely reporting of hours in CMAP timesheet.
- An engaged contributor to relevant sector new business team, identifying opportunities for content and helping make it a reality, contributing to proposals and attending relevant meetings.
- “Always on” mentality to contributing to account relationships & management, identifying opportunities for TVE to remain visible and front of mind in client organisations.
- Takes ownership of own career trajectory by actively seeking opportunities for feedback and ways to grow experiences of different clients, sectors & methodologies.
- Appreciation of client context & identifying opportunities to build TVE’s visibility within client organisations.
- Recognizes the importance of internal reputation and ownership of delivery of stages & projects.
3. ANALYTICAL & CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVER
- Plays a critical role in getting to the answer on projects; uses experience and understanding to interrogate the question in hand and get to the strongest possible solution. Brings in new ways of thinking when required, but is also able to refer to previous examples and seek synergies where relevant.
- Demonstrates curiosity and ability to identify & articulate insights with lower support from senior colleagues. Able to synthesise large amounts of information to pick out key implications / themes to drive the solution.
- Constant appreciation of the impact required from our work, in order to help shape the right deliverables for the challenge.
- Works collaboratively and flexibly and is responsive to guidance and feedback from project leadership.
4. IMPACTFUL COMMUNICATOR
- Timely, proactive and clear communicator with the whole project team, updating on progress throughout and able to effectively manage both up & down. Recognises the importance of the Client as a stakeholder and ensures engagement & alignment with them throughout the project and deliverables.
- Demonstrates appreciation of how best to communicate ideas – verbally, visually, written – in the appropriate tone for the business & client.
- A confident co-presenter, taking ownership for sections of presentations and a keen listener who is able to distil the key points, shape the right questions and begin to identify implications.
- Able to identify & create a compelling and impactful narrative to bring ideas to life and clearly communicate key insights & ideas. Creates visually appealing & impactful deliverables, in line with TVE’s look & feel and high visual standards.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT & SALARY BANDS 1. PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
- Trusted by satisfied clients as a strong project deliverer.
- Utilization: 75% project work, 10% new business and marketing, 10% internal responsibilities, 5% training.