Advertising & Branding, Branding, Consumer / FMCG, Consumer Packaged Goods/Packaging , Leisure/Tourism, Market Research, Qualitative, Quantitative, Retail
Associate Director Commercial Strategy
London, United Kingdom
This company is a highly successful, specialist commercial strategy consultancy that, with more than 30 years’ experience, has established itself as an outright leader in commercial consultancy for mixed-use, travel, and retail property. They provide the strategies that convert in-depth research, analysis and insight into improved sales, profit, and customer experience for its clients, who include a number of the leading investors, developers, asset managers and brands worldwide.
We create commercial strategies and advice for decision makers based on insightful analytics, robust modelling, global experience, and new thinking.
Operating for over 30 years, we have successfully delivered more than 2,000 projects in over 40 countries. Their proposition is focussed on empowering positive impact by enhancing customer experience and commercial value through better connecting people, products & places.
They support the full spectrum of assets including mixed-use and leisure, shopping centres and brands, airports and travel hubs, to maximise their commercial potential.
Their data-driven approach combines performance analytics with market context and creative thinking to deliver relevant solutions that solve challenging problems.
They provide valuable strategic support at each stage of the lifecycle of a commercial asset and help our clients to address key strategic questions.
The team includes a mix of disciplines, including:
- Data driven analysts
- Creative commercial strategists
- Customer centric thinkers
- Experience creators & brand builders
Their key service lines include:
- Commercial performance analytics, strategy and visioning. maximise the performance of existing assets, stores, and sales channels through a robust evaluation of demand drivers, customer insight, occupier performance, commercial execution and trading potential; translate this into a set of clearly defined quick-win initiatives to enhance sales and profitability
- Space planning and revenue forecasting. utilise industry-leading space, gravity, and revenue modelling techniques to inform space programming and revenue potential, to create profitable assets; help determine the optimum scale and composition of commercial space to attract, engage and maximise the potential of a target audience
- Investment advisory and commercial due diligence. evaluate the strengths and opportunities in commercial developments, airport, and travel assets by conducting due diligence from a consumer, space, and trading performance perspective; create revenue forecasts and development appraisals to inform investment opportunities and drive growth in acquired assets .
This company is a great place to work, combining an enthusiastic and growing team with long-standing industry experience at senior levels, to deliver important strategic projects at board level for clients while also ensuring personal development for all members of the team. They are currently experiencing an exciting period of expansion due to increasing demand for products and services, and widespread recognition of the quality of their work across the industries we work in.
- Commercially aware, with a strong interest in retail, brands and consumer behaviour
- An interest, understanding, and experience of commercial strategy in mixed-use, airport, travel, and retail developments, and for retail / F&B / leisure operators
- Experience in structuring and analysing primary consumer research modules (e.g. quantitative online and qualitative focus groups)
- Highly numerate, with good Excel skills, and modelling capability a particular advantage, in order to contribute to the development of and inputs to our proprietary commercial space planning, performance analytics, and revenue forecast models