Advertising & Branding, Brand & Comms, Business Development / New Business, Consumer / FMCG, Consumer Packaged Goods/Packaging , Market Research, Qualitative, Quantitative
Chief Delivery Officer
95% of consumer innovations fail. Yet, according to ESOMAR, companies spend $76 billion a year on consumer research. Something is fundamentally broken.
This company is creating a system to fix this. It has already won innovation awards and has proven in-market success.
Right now, we are a multi award winning Market Research firm with a proven track record of unlocking dramatic growth for Consumer facing brands. Which is why we work with 75% of the world’s best FMCG companies and a host of other leading brands.
But we are building the world’s first technology designed specifically to unlock the consumer insight that unleashes a brand’s potential. In so doing we aim to Democratise Insight. Giving more companies than ever the chance to get not just consumer data, but the consumer led rationale packaged up in a way that it is obvious what our clients need to do to unlock their growth.
We believe in what we do so much that we offer our clients a money back guarantee if we fail. No one has asked for their money back yet.
If we get this right, we will more than double in size in the next 3-5 years and accelerate from there.
We are not perfect. And pivoting an organisation in this manner is tough. Like any small, but very ambitious business we have flaws. Processes not quite as they need to be. Better training and development to ensure top class, consistent output at all times. Evolving teams to make sure we have the right people in the right roles to be part of this journey.
But we have been incredibly successful for the first 10 years of our life. Establishing ourselves as one of the world’s top 50 most innovative market research agencies and Top 15 most innovative strategic consultancies.
We are now looking for a Chief Delivery Officer that can take us to the next stage.
Reporting into our CEO, you will be responsible for both the efficiency of business and successfully implementing optimisation and innovation programs. Driving company vision and culture, and leading our team of talented professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective.
You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations across our different locations, so we expect you to be an enthusiastic, experienced and efficient leader with the charisma and team management to facilitate continuous evolution in a growth organisation. You’ll be innovative and creative, have excellent people skills and business acumen with the ability and dedication to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional leadership that aligns with our business plan and overall strategic vision.
- As part of the C-Suite and senior leadership team, continue to create, grow and build a world class, industry disrupting & leading organisation
- Drive company results from both an operational and financial perspective working closely with the CEO and other key executive team members.
- Oversee the delivery of world class outputs that delight our clients and ensure the approaches to develop them are as efficient and frictionless as they can be.
- Build increasingly standardised and automated approaches that enable us to continue to scale quickly – operationalising our technology and supporting its future evolution to meet our vision.
- Set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance and profitability across all areas of the business.
- Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
- Working closely with the CEO, you will have full budgetary responsibility across the organisation.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Work closely with senior leadership team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company.
- Motivate and encourage employees at all levels as one of the key leaders in the company to promote and enhance our positive company culture.
- Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, stakeholders, investors and all other professional business relationships.
- Foster a positive, growth oriented, and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines
What we require
- Proven experience as CX or equivalent Senior Management position or relevant role within the Market Research/Tech or Marketing Consultancy industry
- Unafraid to lead and be a part of an innovative, fast paced, evolving organisation
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Outstanding people management, leadership & influencing skills
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and Google Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics (you may well have been an agency side researcher/ insight professional and certainly know your way around an insight report)
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
A hunger and ambition to disrupt the status quo and take an organisation along on that journey too…