Advertising & Branding, Brand & Comms, Business Development / New Business, Consumer / FMCG
Business Development Director - UK based, Hybrid Working
£90,000pa, with uncapped commission
This company is a fast growing, multi award winning and highly innovative insight and consumer research consultancy on a mission to disrupt the industry.
With offices in Chicago, Cincinnati, London, Leeds, Geneva & Sofia. Winners of the Best New Product Innovation at Quirk’s Media Marketing Research and Insight Excellence Awards 2021. We’ve been recognised in the Greenbook GRIT report as one of the most innovative Market Research Strategic Consultancies in the world for 2 years running. And in the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies for the last 3 years.
The Role - Business Development Director:
As Business Development Director, you will be an outstanding, highly driven individual who has a solid background in sourcing and winning new business, delivering commercial targets, and developing client relationships. Your job will be first to get New Business momentum going, and then, if you are successful here, you will build out the framework and approach for a growing team under you. Get this right and you will be personally responsible for unlocking the dramatic new business growth of this ambitious company across the globe and over time rewarded accordingly.
You will be an enthusiastic, driven and efficient team leader to facilitate continuous growth and success within the New Business and Growth division.
You will have a thorough understanding of the business, proactively identify opportunities to promote their services, and work with Chief Growth Officer and Senior members of the Accounts team to deliver growth.
What you’ll do:
- Grow our business, by identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Work with the Growth Team and CEO to craft new ways of selling our product, turning discretionary income into sticky income and ad hoc projects into Innovation Development programs, adding zero’s to our product offer in the process
- Building relationships and trust with new clients through the strength of our CAS (Consumer Activation System).
- Evaluate existing partnerships and sales efforts with an eye toward building on what works and changing what doesn’t.
- Responsibility for our new business performance targets through KPI delivery
- Accurately and effectively managing leads in order to prioritise business opportunities
- Champion professionalism and rigor across the agency, ensuring that your team deliver consistently and with excellence.
- Actively promote our values, and contribute to the growth and health of the team and the business
- Expands the profile and reach of the company and its brand
- Mentor and provide leadership across the Business Development Team, taking responsibility for the personal development of your team members.
- Track emerging markets and trends.
- Foster and work to maintain an entrepreneurial growth culture throughout the company and across all teams and work functions.
- Attend industry and key events; ensuring efficient lead generation
What we require:
The ideal candidate has demonstrable business development experience (at least 10 years ideally) and has a good network of large consumer facing companies (most likely in FMCG). Proven to have built a Business Development function or team and used to working in Entrepreneurial, Growth company cultures. You will make your own luck and be resourceful, hungry and both strategic but also a strong, reliable, executor. The person will also meet most or all of the following requirements:
- A proven track record of surpassing revenue targets
- A true passion and ability for selling with drive and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process - from lead generation to closing deals and developing client relationships
- A strong understanding of the world of consumer insight, market research and marketing strategy, having sold to Market Research and Insight professionals and clearly understand what makes them tick and their frustrations
- A track record of converting clients to new ways of thinking and breaking away from their status quo
- Excellent team player, who works collaboratively to support the overall success of the business
- A proven ability to sell services and consultancy-based products
What we’re offering you
- Competitive base salary - we know you’re worth it!
- Uncapped Commission linked to Personal Revenue Generation - so your hard work is directly rewarded
- Flexible Hybrid Working - to maximise your productivity and happiness around your life commitments
- 25 days annual leave - we all need to re-charge our batteries
- 4 “Non Sick” Wellness days - 1 per quarter - your wellbeing matters
- Your birthday off - Go and celebrate! It’s your birthday after all
- Company Pension - your future is important to us
- Private Healthcare – your health comes first
- Cycle to Work Scheme -
- Health and financial wellbeing discounts – to help with every day life
- Extensive L&D program - everyone should develop new skills and be given the tools and knowledge to succeed
- Wellbeing Weekly - weekly tips and advice on self-care and wellbeing
- WOW Awards - your peers want to shout out about how awesome you are!
- Company Socials - we like to have fun!