Advertising & Branding
£50,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
pension + Bonus
Job Details ASSD
Are you looking to develop your career in one of the world’s largest Research Organisations?
For more than 30 years this team have brought together the brightest minds, the finest research methods, and cutting-edge technologies to better understand why people do the things they do.
We believe that the best way to get to the heart of the matter is to ask the right questions. That's why we ari trusted by thousands of curious organisations to craft powerful questions and inspire insightful answers. So, no matter the challenge, we uncover the fascinating views, preferences, and needs that shape the world we live in.
We know that to get rich, meaningful answers, we must connect with the right people. That's why we have three main approaches for gathering data:
- Omnibus is our rapid and cost-effective multi-client survey that’s ideal for sampling representative populations in each nation, whether in the UK or globally.
- FastFacts is our digital platform where clients can create their own surveys or collaborate with our team of expert researchers. A great solution for instant access to data once fielded and is perfect for general populations or specific groups.
- Data and Delivery is our custom solution. From large global programmes to niche, hard-to-reach subgroups, this tailored approach provides unparalleled access to respondents, online and offline
We are the investigators who make it possible for eureka moments to happen.
As part of exciting growth plans we are recruiting for talented Quantitative Associate Research Directors.
The role will suit those that enjoy working closely with clients, have fantastic commercial experience and the ability to write compelling and winning research proposals.
If you want to accelerate your career and have solid research design, survey writing and management as well as project management/data delivery experience then this could be perfect for you!!
The successful candidate will be fully involved in the management and development of both large and small clients, as well as fully responsible for design, execution and delivery of complex projects, financials and people management. Our Associate Directors are critical to the success of our business and our clients’ businesses. You will lead teams and projects by example – whether on projects or in line management situations – and to create a fun and aspirational environment that delivers excellent results for our clients.
In our team, no two days are ever alike. You will collaborate with a broad range of fascinating clients from all types of organisations and across all sorts of sectors, including charities, businesses, government agencies, and educational institutions.
You will be constantly engaged in multiple projects at once. Some are modest and straightforward where you’ll take full ownership, while others are vast and complex where you will team up with four or five like-minded colleagues.
The research might be on your doorstep, helping local communities, or on the other side of the world, discovering global perspectives. We sometimes need views from people who are so remote that getting there requires a boat!
What will I be doing?
This will be a varied and interesting role including:-?
- Actively developing opportunities with existing clients, anticipating their business needs and making effective use of our tools and techniques where appropriate.
- Effectively lead on strategic or complex projects and have responsibility for higher value work.
- Working on challenging briefs, applying lateral thinking and a fresh perspective to deliver compelling proposals, leading on all aspects of the proposal/pitch process.
- Leading client meetings, advising on appropriate data collection methodologies to best meet objectives while pursuing best practice.
- Offering exceptional questionnaire design based on a client’s brief or outline, challenging where necessary to ensure objectives are met.
- Taking responsibility and accountability for overall quality of projects including:
- Initial set-up and design of sample plans.
- Liaising and negotiating with internal and external fieldwork suppliers.
- Creating analysis plans to deliver the final data.
- Identifying and monitoring profitability, demonstrating a clear understanding of spending and seeking efficiencies
- Responsibility for overseeing charts and top line outputs, setting narrative outlines and workshopping new ideas to present data with impact and constructing clear, coherent narratives
- Setting clear, motivational and measurable development objectives for team members and regularly their review performance against these.
- Being an advocate for the team and company strategy, business objectives and plans
- Actively promoting a learning culture and championing knowledge management.
What do I need to bring with me?
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:-
- Solid quantitative research skills experience across a range of methodologies.
- A proven ability to build strong relationships with clients, with a commitment to excellent client service.
- Strong commercial drive, with demonstrable business acumen and leadership.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining consistency and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor message and tone to suit the individual audience.
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SPSS/Survey Reporter.
- Excellent survey design skills including complex sampling and weighting approaches.
- Experience of summarising research findings
- Excellent hands-on project management skills, with experience of running complex multi-mode international projects
- Strong time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to coach and motivate others and to work with a variety of people in a team setting.
- Be a positive thinker with a can-do, solutions-focused attitude.
About us ...
My client is one of the world’s largest market research companies with offices in 90 countries. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial, client-focused organisation, providing research services to over 5,000 clients worldwide. Proudly, we are the only global market research company that is still controlled and operated by market researchers. We aim to be intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and aim to work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively.
Our culture is unique - we have the entrepreneurial spirit and quirkiness of a small boutique, but we also have the resources, scale and diversity of a large global agency. We have more bright, friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic people, from more backgrounds, with more interests, skills and experiences to learn from. Our values are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexi