RV assd 16/11
Advertising & Branding
£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Associate Research Director Consultancy
We’ve been in business over thirty-five years, and our work draws on our management consulting roots, brand strategy, and marketing and communications planning, as well as core expertise in research, insight and data analytics.
We believe in the power of good research, and its ability to inspire leaders to think differently and decide with confidence.
We’re passionate about using insight to make a positive difference to our clients across a wide range of sectors, including automotive, financial services, media & telecoms, public & not for profit, retail, travel, and utilities.
About the role
We’re looking for an Associate Director experienced in quantitative research to join our team, to work across both ad-hoc and tracking studies.
You will be bright, energetic, ambitious, and enthusiastic; a true self-starter who wants to take ownership and contribute from day one.
You will be working as part of account teams, with a mix of junior and senior colleagues, reporting to client directors. Specifically, you will be one of the core ‘thinkers’ on the projects – playing a key role in guiding more junior colleagues, and being seen as the day-to-day lead on projects by our clients. You will be heavily involved in the design of studies, guiding the analysis and development of the insights and story. An analytics skillset isn’t required, but you will need to be able to represent analytics work – such as Max Diff, segmentations and key drivers analysis – to clients.
Clients rely on us for insights and consultancy that support their decision-making. The role naturally involves working very closely with clients and becoming a ‘trusted consultant’ who understands their issues. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and able to spot opportunities where clients need additional work to dig more deeply, as well as be involved in designing solutions (and helping to write proposals) to capitalise on these.
Prior experience working with clients in sectors such as, financial services, retail, and/or telecoms will be an advantage.
You will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, is calm under pressure and focused on getting stuff done - without compromising on quality. We’re looking for someone who can build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients and loves working collaboratively with a team. A ‘can do’ attitude is essential for this role. Equally, it is one you can grow from, with ample opportunity to advance to more senior positions within the business.
- Leading on all aspects of quant research projects from inception to completion, taking responsibility for the quality of outputs and project performance.
- Collaborating with client teams to produce high quality work, by enabling junior colleagues to deliver excellent work and maintain high quality standards and working closely with senior colleagues to add value to clients.
- Acting as a main point of contact for clients on projects, developing client relationships and identifying new business opportunities.
- Contributing to proposals and business development activity.
- Designing and reviewing research materials and advising on aspects of survey design, such as playing a key role in discussions on how clients could change what they measure or how.
- Alongside others in the team, analysing quant data in Q-Research software and Excel. ? Leading analysis workshops (with the team and with clients).
- Leading on preparing reports, story-building and presenting insights to clients (with the support of colleagues).
- Developing strong relationships with clients, including senior stakeholders.
- Line managing, coaching and developing junior colleagues.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- c.5 years of experience working in market research, likely agency side.
- Specific experience of quantitative ad-hoc and CX and/or brand tracking research projects.
- Experience of ad hoc quant projects, e.g. segmentation, product/proposition development, thought leadership research, customer journeys.
- Strong experience of leading and planning projects.
- Prior proposal writing experience will be an advantage.
- Strong experience designing questionnaires.
- Demonstrable experience of working with and reporting complex data sets (a solid grasp of Excel and PowerPoint is essential).
- Experience of using Q-Research software would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience building relationships with clients, leading to repeat business.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience delivering insights to clients and senior stakeholders, resulting in tangible change or growth.
- Experience of working well in a collaborative team environment, with brilliant communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Drive to develop their own knowledge and skillset and to share that knowledge with others.
- Prior line management experience desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience working with clients in financial services, retail, or telecoms will be an advantage.
Salary & benefits
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (full time, 37.5 hour working week).
- Holiday: 25 days (including the 3 days between Christmas & New Year), plus Bank Holidays.
- Holiday purchase scheme: option to buy up to 5 extra holiday days.
- Contribution towards home working expenses.
- Free comprehensive wellbeing support, including Employee Assistance Programme for confidential 24/7 support.
- Access to savings and discounts on weekly costs, including gym memberships.
- Medical cash plan & free eye tests.
- Private medical insurance.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Permanent health insurance & life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Regular social events throughout the year.
Our offices are in an enviable location based next to London’s Tower Bridge,
Need to come into the office twice a week, three times if they would like to. You are also given the support and equipment you need to work from home effectively.