Media/Social Media, Public Sector, Social & Policy, Qualitative, Quantitative, Sustainability
£27,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst and/or Research Manager
£27-45,000 Hybrid London office / remote
My client is growing and they are looking for proactive individuals to help serve their growing portfolio of clients. This is a superb opportunity for ambitious, detail-oriented people with strong interests in research in North and Sub-Saharan Africa, with experience in overseeing and delivering research products, managing pipelines of work and junior staff, and executing analytical and assessment projects. For the more junior levels, you will have some experience in preparing and delivering information and analytical research products, via mixed methods (quantitative opinion polling, qualitative tools) and project management
These positions offer the opportunity to work on high-growth projects that provides analytical assessments across several African countries. The projects integrate multiple data streams including opinion research, media monitoring, open-source insights and qualitative research across Africa. Their work covers some of the most important contemporary issues (security, democracy, development, defence etc.); these roles will suit people with interests in international politics and backgrounds in research.
Candidates must possess sound quantitative and qualitative research credentials and demonstrate a high degree of analytical report writing, as the positions involve direct responsibility for the delivery of robust and high-quality work. The ability to understand the strategic use of research is key. The positions also feature foreign travel, and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to travel to a variety of locations across North and Sub-Saharan and Africa.
- Experience of quant and qual research as well as secondary research is key for these roles.
- High comfort level with quantitative data (using Excel/SPSS) and excellent writing skills are necessary.
- Excellent analytical skills, in particular with regards to quantitative data collection, management and analysis.
- Additional data analysis tools and software experienced (PowerBi, Media Monitoring tools, OSINT skills) are a plus.
- Foreign language fluency is preferred but not essential; French, Arabic and Spanish are all helpful.
- Strong knowledge of the politics, economics, and societies of Africa will be very advantageous.
You will need the right to work in the UK.
Please get in touch for more information!