Public Sector, Social & Policy
£32,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Senior Research Analyst – £32-40,000, hybrid (London) Social sector
Our client is looking for a proactive, highly analytical individual to help them serve their growing portfolio of clients and projects. This is a superb opportunity for ambitious, detailed-oriented people with strong interests in research and analysis in Africa with experience in overseeing and delivering research products and executing highly analytical reports.
The position offers the opportunity to work on a range of projects across the African region. Their work covers some of the most important contemporary issues (security, democracy, development, defense etc.) and this role will suit people with interests in international security, African politics, and backgrounds in research.
Candidates must possess sound quantitative and qualitative research credentials, demonstrate a strong ability to deliver high-quality analysis and report writing, understand the social, political, and economic contexts across Africa and have the ability to present to senior stakeholders.
The responsibilities for Senior Research Analyst include
Data Preparation & Analysis
- Oversee the collection and interpretation of social media, open-source data, in-depth interviews, and other research products ensuring assuring high-quality data.
- Triangulate findings from multiple research methods, including quantitative opinion polling, media monitoring and social listening, open-source insights, key informant interviews, satellite imagery, among others.
- Analyse, interpret and draft analytical reports synthesizing complex information in a clear, succinct way.
Project Management & Delivery
Methodology & Design
We are looking for Senior Research Analyst candidates who possess the following types of experience:
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills are a must with a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the African Markets
- High comfort level with non-traditional research methodologies.
- Additional data analysis tools and software experience (PowerBi, Media Monitoring tools, OSINT skills) are a plus.
- At least 2-3 years of research experience with some focusing on an international setting. An advanced degree in the social sciences is preferred.
- Foreign language fluency is preferred but not essential; French, Arabic and Spanish are all helpful.
You must have the right to work in the UK