Business Development / New Business, Market Research, Quantitative
Senior Market Analyst – Renewable Energy and Solar technology
Full-time, London, Hybrid working
Recruiting for a Senior Market Analyst based remotely to work within the Market Research team. This role will report to the Head of Market Research.
This Company has been covering the energy transition since 2006. It organises more than 20 international conferences visited by more than 6,000 delegates in person each year. Their five B2B news websites attract more than 3.6 million users per annum and print publications reach more than 60,000 people.
This client is a business to business media company specialising in the provision of digital news, business intelligence, print publishing and high-quality events. The company portfolio consists of a range of industry recognized brands. This company provides a range of monthly and quarterly market reports covering solar photovoltaics (PV), battery storage technologies, electric vehicles and renewable energy systems.
The Senior Market Analyst will work within the market research team on new and existing market research reports. This will include creating, maintaining and updating database driven reports, tracking market activity on a daily basis and gathering intelligence from multiple sources.
Working under the Head of Market Research you will be expected to conceive, test and create new reports using our extensive databases and contacts within the core segments. As a senior member of the team you will be expected to represent your portfolio at live events, on webinars and through contributed written thought leadership that will be published across inhouse media assets.
Maintaining and updating the reports will require good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Additionally, an interest in the renewables sector and project planning will be beneficial. The role will also involve communication with a wide range of stakeholders, including industry players, trade organisations and government policy advisors.
The successful applicant will have:
· The ability to identify market gaps and create compelling concepts for market research that will expand offering in core segments
· Demonstrated ability to work independently to create value in market research
· Initiative to uncover exceptional market insights though extensive internal and external stakeholder engagement
· A keen interest in solar and renewables
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Good analytical skills and ability to communicate key trends and statistics
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience in working with sales and marketing to ensure commercial success of products
· Relevant degree or equivalent education level required, preferably in data analytics, environmental sciences or other rigorously quantitative fields.
· Experience in mentoring and/or managing junior analysts is preferred but not required
What we offer:
· Competitive annual salary and bonus package (depending on experience)
- The opportunity to work in a company that is a genuine leader within the clean energy transition sectors and highly recognised for empowering employees
- Support, training and coaching to allow you to develop your skills and build a highly successful career
- The opportunity to work within a professional team and within a company where integrity, impact and being forward thinking are our values
- Fantastic career opportunities within the wider business for stellar performers as we continue to grow world-wide
- Fresh, vibrant serviced offices based in Victoria with many member benefits including in-house coffee barista, table tennis, wellness rooms and online/in-store discounts
- Full or part time hybrid working environment on offer.