A.I, B2B, Brand & Comms, Data Science/Analytics
£50,000 to £75,000 Per Annum
Pension , Bonus
Our Client is a research and strategy consultancy. They have been a successful business for over 30 years and independent since 1989.
They offer a research skillset with a consultancy mindset, focused on improving customer performance.
They believe in the power of good research, and its ability to inspire decision makers to think differently and act with confidence. Used well, good research plants customer insight at the centre of business decision-making and delivery.
Context to the role
The analytics function within this consultancy supports two research teams (organised around continuous tracking research and ad hoc research), using both primary research data and clientsupplied data including database/ behavioural data.
As well as the application of top-class analytics approaches, the analytics function also:
- advises on the best analytics approaches to solve our client’s problems using all available data sources;
- upskills the wider research team through training and development;
- ensures we stay up to date with the latest tools and analytics applications e.g. overlaying behavioural science principals to traditional trade off techniques.
The Senior Analyst role would be expected to take a lead role in research projects and training and help push forward the analytics offering at this consultancy by learning and developing new techniques and approaches to analytics.
What type of person are we looking for?
Intelligent, curious, analytical, conscientious, confident, challenging, energetic, motivated, passionate, collaborative.
Looking for someone who has confidence in the value they bring and can inspire confidence in others. That said, we aren’t interested in big egos; you will be someone who has excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence, who recognises the value of working in teams and you won’t be afraid to ‘get your hands dirty’.
You will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, is calm under pressure and focused on getting stuff done - without compromising on quality standards.
What do we expect you to be motivated by?
- Collaborating with team members and clients to push insights further to help clients deliver impact within their business
- Delivering high-quality work that has real impact for clients
- A variety of work, and looking for fresh ways of helping clients to better understand their customers
- Seeing the business succeed
- Progression at a pace determined by the value you bring
- Providing analytical input and analysis at all stages of the research process.
- Proposal writing – ensuring opportunities for analytics are identified at the proposal writing stage and recommending the right methodologies, statistical analysis and approach to sampling; supporting with writing analytics sections of proposals.
- Questionnaire writing:
- advising on best practice for survey-writing to ensure best analytical outcomes; - designing and setting up specific questions/ tasks to ensure best-quality data; - considering how other external data sources could be integrated.
- Assisting with data processing and advising on best practice for data weighting, significance testing etc.
- Implementing, analysing and interpreting results from key advanced analytics research techniques such as:
key drivers analysis