£45,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
bonus & Pension
Research Manager Job Description
My client is an innovative and award-winning Market Research Agency with ambitious plans for the future.
Our values and people give us our edge and we are looking for another fantastic individual to join us. As a small and fast-growing business, you will have the opportunity to sink your teeth into a variety of tasks. We work with a range of different clients in several so every day can bring different ideas and challenges. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team.
What some of our employees, past and present have said:
My client is a truly exciting company, with a diverse range of clients and fabulous/committed/teamworking employees, and great insight. It’s rare to find companies like this, it’s been great working here!”
“I really love working at this agency and with the people here and what it stands for.”
What the role will involve…
- Variety – do you love varied and interesting work? As a growing, fast paced agency our team pride ourselves on our responsiveness and flexibility; no two days are the same.
- Project management – you will most often take the role of project lead or project manager, making sure projects are delivered on time, within budget and are of exceptional and consistent quality. This involves overseeing projects, and supporting the research team that you are working with. You will usually have around 7-10 projects on at any one time, and often a mix of strategic and content research aims.
- Project execution – as Research Manager your key tasks will be helping to design questionnaires and adding your value and experience to the analysis stages. As part of this, you will often lead on client communications, including presenting results (either online or in person). Occasionally you will also need to support on quality checks, scripting of surveys, fieldwork, and anything else required to deliver on time and on budget.
- Proposal and quote writing – you will gain a wide range of sales skills. You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in RFPs and RFQs from both new leads and existing customers. These RFQs and RFPs are distributed across teams so that everyone gets the opportunity to develop and hone their skills. You will work with your peers to come up with new ways of doing things and create bespoke research programmes that meet clients’ briefs.
- Line management and training – you will be entrusted with training, coaching, and managing junior team members. This includes carrying out quarterly and annual reviews in line with our processes
- Relationship building – with colleagues, clients, and suppliers. Your role will involve building strong relationships with existing clients, to encourage new and repeat business, as well as with suppliers and of course our team.
- Understanding our clients’ markets – we work with both brands and PR agencies. Many of our customers sit in the broader ‘tech’ industry, either selling, innovating, producing or running on tech.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can demonstrate how they work by our four values: friendly, flexible, forthright, and fast.
- Enjoys having the ‘whole’ view, overseeing projects, and supporting junior team members carrying out the day-to-day activities on them.
- Is well organised and able to prioritise and manage workload efficiently
- Gets a sinking feeling if their project goes over schedule, or over budget
- Shares our passion of making sure our clients look good, by providing them with the best possible research process from beginning to end
- Enjoys building strong relationships with clients, to encourage new and repeat business
- Is passionate about working as a team and happy to be flexible to support others when needed
- Is always looking at new ways to do things, whether that’s creating bespoke research programmes that fit with the clients' briefs or heading up a new internal initiative to improve productivity or efficiency.
- Has an ability to see the stories and the insights in the data, pulling together the finishing touches on reports and imparting their expert knowledge to produce high quality outputs
- Can jump headfirst into a quick-turnaround three-day project, as well as being happy to spend a bit more time on a project which runs on for months, or even a year.
- Is passionate about helping junior members of staff learn and develop in their roles
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience of working in, or with a market research agency
- Experience of working with tech, or B2B clients
- Line management experience
- A solid understanding of online quantitative methodologies
- Experience of several analysis techniques (e.g., pricing analysis, segmentation, MaxDiff, Conjoint, perceptual mapping etc.)
- Experience of proposal or quote writing for existing clients
- Experience managing multiple projects and changing priorities effectively in a complex environment.