£40,000 to £42,000 Per Annum
bonus ,25 days holiday, pension , healthcatre
Are you looking to build your career in one of the world’s largest research Organisations?
My clients Public Affairs division are the leaders in social research. Bridging the gap between government and the public, providing robust research and analysis. They cover broad issues that shape the delivery of public services in modern society and how to engage the public in the policy-making process.
They are looking for a Research Manager to work within our Probability Surveys Unit (PSU). The PSU designs and manages some of the largest and most technically complex government studies, including National and Official Statistics, and major longitudinal studies such as Children of the 2020s, Next Steps and the Millennium Cohort Survey. We seek to combine methodological expertise and innovation with excellent project management.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced researcher to contribute to some of the largest and most complex gold standard surveys in the UK.
The team design and run random probability studies such as: the Active Lives Surveys for adults and children, World Values Survey, and the Childcare and Early Years survey of parents. It also delivers major longitudinal studies including Next Steps, Children of the 2020s and the Millennium Cohort Study. The team works across a range of methods.
The role is for a quantitative researcher at Research Manager level or similar. The main responsibilities will include:
- Helping to run large quantitative research projects from inception and design through to data delivery and reporting
- Taking a proactive approach to expanding your methodological knowledge, keeping it up-to-date, and inputting to survey design
- Effective communication with clients and stakeholders
- Effectively managing relationships with suppliers and with internal operations colleagues to ensure the objectives of the research are met and on budget
- Making suggestions for more efficient or effective approaches
- Drafting questionnaires that meet clients’ and stakeholders’ objectives, and ensuring questionnaire scripts are error free
- Drafting fieldwork materials such as invitation letters and interviewer instructions
- Checking data files and using SPSS, Excel and/or other tools to manipulate data
- Quality assuring automated reports and documentation
- Monitoring a project’s financial progress, identifying problems and suggesting solutions
- Monitoring the progress of fieldwork (across a range of modes: face-to-face; online, postal and telephone) and identifying any problems at an early stage
- Providing guidance, support and coaching to junior team members
- Contributing to business development and proposals through administrative tasks and drafting of technical and commercial sub-sections
What do I need to bring with me…
- Good quantitative social research skills and project management skills, ideally with experience of random probability and/or longitudinal studies
- Interest in and understanding of the methodological issues that impact the quality of surveys
- Excellent attention to detail, organised, and solutions-focused
- Time management skills, working across multiple projects, prioritising tasks efficiently
- Be numerate, logical and have an ability to understand complex data
- Proficiency in Excel, and ideally in SPSS and/or other packages
- Experience in writing questionnaires and fieldwork materials
- Good communication, client handling and supplier negotiation skills
- Strong writing skills and experience of preparing written reports and presentations, with a high level of accurate use of English, including the ability to write in a variety of styles
- Proven ability to work well in teams
About us ...
My client is one of the world’s largest market research companies with offices in 90 countries. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial, client-focused organisation, providing research services to over 5,000 clients worldwide. Proudly, we are the only global market research company that is still controlled and operated by market researchers. We aim to be intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and aim to work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively.
Our culture is unique - we have the entrepreneurial spirit and quirkiness of a small boutique, but we also have the resources, scale and diversity of a large global agency. We have more bright, friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic people, from more backgrounds, with more interests, skills and experiences to learn from. Our values are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexible.
We are committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment and ensuring we have diversity of people and views. We recognise that this is important for our business success - a more diverse workforce will enable us to better reflect and understand the world we research and ultimately deliver better research and insight to our clients. We understand the importance of choice and offer a blended work environment, office and work from home. We also realise you may have commitments outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications - please highlight what you are looking for when you make your application.