Public Sector, Social & Policy
£35,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
As a rapidly expanding division of a leading advertising agency, our client is dedicated to tackling complex behavioural and social issues.
Since launch, the new division has enjoyed continuous strong growth and is now ranked as one of the group’s most successful companies. Clients include a range of governments, INGO's, foundations and multilaterals, such as the UN, the Gates Foundation, USAID, DFID and the Nike Foundation.
They have a strong focus on countering malign influences, including countering violent extremism (CVE), using multimedia messaging campaigns.
This position reports to the Research Director, and is line managed by the Lead Research Manager or Principal Research Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out analysis and triangulation of qualitative and quantitative data for assessing the performance and effectiveness of multimedia communications activity.
- Rigorously manipulating data sets to provide meaningful and actionable insights.
- Writing assessment reports and feeding research findings into other reporting.
- Designing data collection tools for pre-testing, formative research and assessment (such as questionnaires, discussion guides).
- Liaising with research fieldwork partners and work collaboratively on research projects and oversee all project management when outsourced.
- Feeding into strategy/Theory of Change development.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 4 years relevant research, monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Experience with evaluating behavioural change would be an advantage.
- Experience working on projects in developing countries, fragile states and conflict zones would be extremely advantageous.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Quantitative and qualitative research experience.
- Experience designing and conducting mixed methods research studies would be an advantage.
- Experience managing research projects from design to report writing.
- Experience evaluating the impact/effectiveness of multimedia communications activity.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills (with experience using SPSS, R or Stata), although a specialism in qualitative research would also be considered.
- Good communication skills including experience presenting research findings and explaining technical concepts to multiple stakeholders including non-researchers, clients, etc.
- Experience designing logical frameworks (logframes) and assessment strategies.
- Data visualisation skills and experience using data visualisation software such as tableau would be a bonus.
- A strong work ethic with ability to stick to deadlines is essential.