RV RE SOC
£26,000 to £34,000 Per Annum
My Client is an international insight and strategy consultancy. They use research and engagement techniques to provide our clients with the insight they need to make better decisions.
Founded in 2010, we have grown to over 40 colleagues today. Across the corporate, public and third sectors, we use the full spectrum of primary research techniques to get closer to the people that matter most to our clients. We deliver a huge variety of projects to a really wide and exciting range of clients, but most of our work can be grouped under three broad headings:
- Strategic insight: Research with public, stakeholder, opinion former and colleague audiences, to understand their experiences,
- work with their most important audiences to navigate moments of challenge and change. Deliberative citizen dialogue and engagement; customer co-creation and innovation; Stakeholder, opinion-former and colleague engagement.
Our success to date is rooted in a number of factors:
- We understand the wider context: We are known for our grasp of the social, cultural and political context. Clients come to us with challenges where identifying the right strategy relies on that broader knowledge and experience.
- We build lasting client relationships: We build strong partnerships with our clients. It is why our clients stay with us, take us when they move organisation, and recommend us to their peers.
- We are brave, agile and innovative: We have a reputation for taking on the most complex challenges with tenacity and creativity and delivering to a standard that exceeds client expectations.
- We do great work: Challenging ourselves (and often our clients) to get the best and the most out of every project.
But most of all, our clients praise the fantastic people in our business. We are a talented team with a strong culture: Life at this agency is fast paced, intellectually stretching and rewarding. We support one another and ensure everyone has opportunities to grow, pursue their talents and do work they are proud of. In December 2019, we became an Employee Owned business, ensuring that we all share in the company’s future success.
About the role
REs are enthusiastic and organised. The role is critical to the smooth running of all our projects and involves juggling administrative tasks where these are not carried out by a Fieldwork Assistant
and involves juggling administrative tasks where these are not carried out by a Fieldwork Assistant - such as booking interviews, liaising with participants and suppliers, organising venues and logistics - with analytical and creative work to develop stimulus and other research materials.
Masters of their own to-do lists, REs have a clear understanding of how what they’re responsible for fits into the wider project. REs conduct depth interviews and will be given the chance to moderate group discussions with support from senior colleagues. In their role gridding and compiling written responses, REs often see more of the raw data in a project than anyone else, and have a fantastic overview when it comes to brainstorms and quote finding. REs also support the wider team, volunteering to help others with proof-reading or other deadline-driven tasks
- Draft recruitment specifications and materials
- Manage recruitment
- Manage fieldwork schedules, including scheduling interviews
- Draft stimulus materials
- Draft discussion guides
- Note-take at focus groups and events
- Moderate depth interviews, focus groups and workshop ‘breakout’ groups
- Day-to-day participant management and moderation for online communities/mobile/pre tasks
- Manage data across fieldwork team ensuring this supports analysis (e.g. setting up and managing interview ‘grids’) Quantitative Fieldwork
- Manage quant supplier
- Feed into design of questionnaires
- Write tab specs
- Check data tables
Analysis, Reporting and Presenting
- Basic charting of quantitative data
- Identifying appropriate and strong supporting quotes
- Coding responses
- Inputting into brainstorms – rooted in data
- Drafting chapters of reports
- Attending debriefs wherever possible
- Presenting sections of debriefs
Client Relationships and Development
- Maintains a watching brief for relevant stories/hooks that could offer an opportunity to contact client & suggests these to senior colleagues
- Maintains contact with any client personnel on a similar level
- Manage own workload within a project
- Understanding dependencies between project and own role
- Administration (including anticipating when materials will be needed to be printed for faceto-face fieldwork, administrative responsibilities)