Market Research, Pharma/Healthcare, Project Management / Operations
£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Are you looking to develop your career in one of the world’s largest Research Organisations?
This role sits within the consulting division of a global agency Operating across the business, we work with other departments within the organisation and our clients as a leading brand, innovation, and marketing consultancy.
You will be joining a fast-paced and challenging working environment for a team who is passionate about providing clients with the best brand and marketing direction.
The role of the Operations Manager is very important to the future success of the team as you will be working very closely with them to ensure smooth running of all administrative processes, resource planning, training needs and compliance processes for successful project outcomes.
What will I be doing?
- As the Operations Manager, you will be required to ensure smooth running of all projects and administrative processes. This will include weekly check-ins on all project timings, booking of client and team meetings as well as hosting the weekly resourcing meeting.
- Part of this role requires you to keep the team’s capacity up-to-date (e.g. ensuring this is aligned with any project changes), managing effective resource planning, maintaining the timelines for projects and championing the resourcing and holiday sheets using cloud tools.
- You will be responsible for the scheduling of internal project kick-off and review meetings and the collation of learning on a quarterly basis.
- Working in a growing team, you will assist with the planning of the onboarding process of new joiners, including team inductions. In addition to this you will be supporting the team to set up freelancer agreements and logistics.
- You will be required to build and maintain the knowledge repository (e.g. a case study library, maintenance of sharepoint) and provide administrative support to all projects.
- Furthermore, you will support the teams’ training needs on matters such as operations, finance and resourcing.
- You will be leading non-complex finance operations such as; taking out proposal and job numbers, raising and following up invoices, running job monitoring, creating billing schedules, ensuring timely PO’s, creating statement of work (SOWs), generating project reports using our systems.
- You will oversee BES (Business Excellence/Compliance) and ensure BES compliance across the team, conduct audits, sign-off contracts and liaise with freelancers.
- As part of this role you will own the approval process for team and client software requests through interfacing with IT.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience: -
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. A communication style that conveys knowledge and confidence. Ability to adapt communication style and can deliver tough messages when required.
- Experience of navigating a matrix organisation to build relationships and get things done efficiently.
- Strong organisational skills – demonstrate flexibility, with proven ability to juggle multiple tasks in order to deliver business requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail, including resource and time planning.
- Able to work under pressure, conflicting demands, and prioritise tasks and workload.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability, taking responsibility for always delivering to the highest standard and on time.
- Ability to disseminate complex information.
- Intellectual curiosity, able to constructively challenge existing thinking, systems and processes.
- Be a positive thinker with a can do, solution-focused attitude.
- Good team player.
- Proficient in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Enthusiasm for the role and the team!
We are one of the world’s largest research companies and currently the only one primarily managed by researchers. With offices in 88 countries, we bring together research, implementation, methodological, and subject-matter experts from around the world, combining thematic and technical experts globally with local knowledge to deliver top-quality research.
Our culture is unique - we have the entrepreneurial spirit and quirkiness of a small boutique, but we also have the resources, scale and diversity of a large global agency. We have more bright, friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic people, from more backgrounds, with more interests, skills and experiences to learn from. Our values are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexible.
We are committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment and ensuring we have diversity of people and views. We recognise that this is important for our business success - a more diverse workforce will enable us to better reflect and understand the world we research and ultimately deliver better research and insight to our clients. We understand the importance of commitments you may have outside of work and we consider all flexible working applications -