Advertising & Branding, Business Development / New Business, Financial Services, Quantitative, UX/CX/CUSSAT
£50,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
NEW BUSINESS DIRECTOR, London £50-70,000 + COMMISSION
Our client is one of the largest independent research companies in the UK. They are experts in loyalty insights, using research and their experience to advise companies on how to profitably acquire and keep customers. They are an award-winning agency and work with many of the leading blue-chip companies.
They are now hiring a New Business Director who will be responsible for the end to end sales process. You will be responsible for hitting agreed sales and revenue targets for bringing in brand new clients and brands to the business.
A successful New Business Director will be a team player but someone who can work well by themselves to generate increased leads, meetings and ultimately new revenue.
Key responsibilities include-
- Lead Generation: you will be comfortable calling warm and cold leads and reaching hard to contact prospects in new sectors to introduce their capabilities and/or proposals.
- Meetings: You will have excellent presentation skills, with an ability to tailor their expertise to different audiences and different brands. You should have a good knowledge of the market research industry alongside internal offerings, methodologies and case studies to get revenue commitment from new prospects.
- Pitches: New Business Director will have the confidence to lead the pitch process when required and get buy-in from other team members, particularly those in the Insight Team who would actually be working on the projects.
- Proposals: You should display advanced writing style and own the proposal process, ensuring work is high quality and visually appealing.
- Leading ideas and development for new sales ideas, products and services to increase revenue growth and build profile of the company.
- Degree, ideally within a business or related subject.
- Minimum 5 years commercial/new business experience within a research agency or closely associated sector.
- Knowledge of different research methodologies and solutions.
- Strategically and commercially focussed, driven by developing strong relationships with new prospects.
- Confident to generate new leads by going out to source new business by calling/emailing brand new contacts
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to build strong commercial relationships very quickly
- High quality written skills, able to engage prospects with well thought through (and engaging written proposals)
- Confident presentation skills including proficiency in developing engaging presentations with PowerPoint.