£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Job title: Research & Insight Manager
Report to: Senior Marketing Manager
My client operates globally as part of dnata, one of the world’s largest combined air services providers. They specialize in the complete development and delivery of on-board food and service solutions. Drawing upon the abundance of innovation from our in-house team of Design, New Product Development and Logistics experts, they create tailored food and service solutions for our customers around the globe focusing predominantly on the travel market. Their established global logistics platform efficiently delivers ambient, chilled and frozen products around the world with ease. Distributing to over 70 locations globally from our warehouses based in the UK, USA, UAE, Australia and Hong Kong.
As the organisation’s research & insight manager, you will play an integral role in delivering quality, robust insights and communicating these in a clear and inspiring way.
Whether it’s through insights-driven analyses, actionable narratives or promoting the right story at the right time to our NPD and Commercial teams, the research & insight manager will bring diverse skills to help share the benefits of selecting my client as a global food service partner.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day use of businesses data forecasting and analysis tools along with utilising more traditional methods to conduct market research and analysing and reporting key trends that are deemed relevant for the business in each region and more broadly on a global level.
A sophisticated analytical approach and the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, identify key trends, issues and solutions pertinent to the aviation food market is essential. The ideal candidate will have a high level of attention to detail, as accuracy is vital in this particular role.
You should be a natural story-teller with the ability to take research beyond data to insights and action. You will be able to show that you can work with, present to, and influence multiple internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Leading the research and insight function of the business, taking responsibility for the overall framework of the department.
- Responsibility for the design and planning of research sessions – producing insightful questionnaires and discussion guides.
- Analysis, insight and reporting – evaluating and summarising all data and creating suitable presentations for stakeholders.
- Work closely with marketing, NPD and commercial to gather research requirements, define approach and execute data-driven research that positively shapes projects aligned with our business strategy.
- Provide detailed analysis on global and macro trends, conduct business and competitive analysis to inform business decisions and to evaluate and advise on future product offering.
- Utilise their data platforms and more traditional methods help to build and develop detailed market mappings around identified key target customer base, better understand consumer behaviour and our competitors in each region to identify key insights to help drive development pipeline, grow opportunities and develop growth in our competitive advantage.
- Identify and develop audiences and personas to use within marketing and sales targeting activities, ensuring segmentation models are of a high standard and continuously developed.