Market Research, Qualitative, Quantitative, Strategy, UX/CX/CUSSAT
£6,500,000 to £7,500,000 Per Annum
Research. For decision makers.
Found in 1987 my client has been combining a research skillset with a consultancy mindset. We help clients solve problems, create opportunities and build better brands.
We love research, not for what it is but for what you can do with it. We are passionate about people and finding out what makes them tick through excellent research. But most of all, we help translate research insights into better commercial outcomes for our clients, drawing on a unique track record in applying consultancy thinking.
Looking for an Insight Director with an all-round experience in quantitative and tracking methods to take a leading role on accounts and with an ability to win and develop client work. Whilst an understanding of qualitative methods and outputs is desired, a qualitative skillset isn’t essential for this role.
You will be bright, energetic, ambitious, and enthusiastic. We are looking for a true self-starter, someone who wants to take responsibility, contribute from day one and hit the ground running. You will be someone who loves research and wants to continue to build their career in it – and is passionate to inspire others to do the same.
We will need you to demonstrate a strong set of quant research skills and extensive experience of tracking research projects – most likely from the agency side. You will have experience of managing all stages of the project lifecycle, but it’s your storytelling, project leadership and client management skills that will be most valued in this role. You’ll be someone who has excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence, and who recognises the value of working in teams.
Our key tracking accounts span financial services, telecoms, retail, government, product brands and transport. My client has a reputation for successfully tackling our clients’ tougher, more strategic challenges, and this role will provide you with an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and deliver this important work for our clients.
- Design and lead successful tracking and quant projects from commission to reporting – and working with qual specialists on mixed method studies
- Resource, manage and develop staff working on these projects – requiring a need to be flexible, lead and contribute to multiple projects and methodologies at once, be a brilliant planner.
- Participate in and facilitate workshops both internally and with clients – bringing an engaging and enthusiastic tone to meetings to encourage participation and motivate broad thinking.
- Take responsibility for project financial performance – from the shorter-term judgement calls to a structured and longer-term view of efficiency.
- Prepare and deliver client debriefs, presenting in an engaging and accessible way – with an ability to make project findings memorable and point to future strategy.
- Develop existing client relationships and identify new business opportunities, working with our proposition – to progress in this role towards Director, there is a need to keep one eye on existing work and one on developing the next project, whether that’s extending the reach of the tracking work we do for clients or seeing opportunity for ad hoc projects in the relationship.
© Quadrangle 20
- Produce compelling and high-quality client proposals, with limited input from Directors and Partners.
- Line manage and develop staff, with a genuine and proactive stance.
Skills and experience
- Strong background in Insight across quantitative and tracking methodologies.
- Excellent consultancy skills – this is a senior role within the business3 and, whilst we always encourage a team spirit and contribution, an Insight Director is expected to be able to make strong strategic inputs and get sufficiently ‘partway there’ by themselves.
- An ability to promote, describe, and handle the delivery and interpretation of a wide range of data analytics.
- Ability to build successful client relationships with existing and new clients.
- Team leadership experience.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to manage internal stakeholder relationships successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to deliver high quality client work to tight deadlines.
- Experience in working across a mix of sectors.
- Intelligent, curious, analytical, conscientious, confident, challenging, energetic, motivated, passionate, gravitas
- This role will require:
- A calm yet proactive approach
- A confident and solutions-oriented outlook
- A corralling and positive disposition
- Inspiring and decisive leadership
Salary & benefits
- Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 per annum (full time, 37.5 hour working week)
- Holiday: 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme: option to buy up to 5 extra holiday days
- Contribution towards home working expenses
- Access to 250+ perks and discounts through employee perks platform
- Free access to our Wellness Hub to support physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme for confidential 24/7 support
- Medical cash plan & free eye tests
- Private medical insurance
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance & life assurance
- Annual season ticket loan
- Plus regular social events throughout the year
Our offices are based next to London’s Tower Bridge like to. You’ll also be given the equipment and support you need to work from home effectively.