Business Development / New Business, Public Sector, Social & Policy
£37,000 Per Annum
Business Development Manager, London / hybrid £37,000 + great bens
Our client is a highly successful research and consultancy organisation which champions the delivery of social impact.
They are passionate about making a difference and this motivates them to deliver high quality services and outcomes for their clients.
About the role
They are looking for a highly proactive, thoughtful, and creative business development manager to work closely with their senior leaders to help drive new business opportunities through their key market sectors, including:
- Environment & future energy
- Health & social care
- Local and central government
- Voluntary & charity
- You will have responsibility for maintaining the sales pipeline and helping sector leaders to generate new business leads, manage client relationships and key accounts, support proposal and pitch development, and other business development activities.
- Working closely with senior colleagues, to develop and deliver their business development strategy to generate new business leads and opportunities and drive sales across our key market sectors.
- This will involve managing all aspects of the business development process, including pipeline management and lead identification, key account management, proposal and pitch support. The business development manager will support colleagues to understand and keep abreast of key trends and drivers in our relevant sectors.
- Experience of leading, developing and implementing successful business development strategies.
- Experience working with senior colleagues and guiding their use of BD best practice
- Experience of key account management and pursuits and proposal development
- Experience or understanding of the tender/bid process and working with Frameworks.
- Experience of using CRM tools
- Experience of working in a social research or public engagement organisation is preferable but not essential.
- A passion for Social impact and inclusive practice is highly desirable.